Sunday, July 22, 2012

14 Months Old


Anna Scott turned 14 months old on the 10th, and I just can't get enough of her.  She "grew up" more over the past month than any thus far.  She has always had such a fun personality, but this month has been amazing.  She has learned so much!  I wish I could share with you every little thing she does, every little word she says, every little move she makes, but it is just becoming impossible to share it all.  We experience something new every day, and whether it is a new word, a new look, a new sound, a new book, a new song, a new place, a new dance, a new taste - I try to capture each new moment, if not with the camera, at least with my heart - and this, my friends, is a full time job.  Being a mama is so much fun, and I am in love with my sweet baby girl.  While I update you (as best I can), I will share some pictures I have taken over the past month.




Anna Scott is saying lots and lots of words.  Her favorite words to say are ball and dog.  She knows (she can both say and point to) her body parts - head, eye, mouth, belly button, knee and foot.  Those are the ones I have taught her so far.  Sometimes she says "shoe" for foot, but we are trying to sort this out.  :)  I have attached a video at the end of this post.  I really need a new video, because she can do more now, but this one will do.  For those of you who don't know, it is hard to get a one year old to cooperate and follow commands while videoing.  :)  When I ask her, "How much does Mama love you," or "How much do you love Mama," she smiles and raises both arms high in the air.  She can also tell you how old she is.  She loves holding up that one little finger with pride.



Anna Scott loves the moon.  She looks out the window and says "moon" when it gets dark outside.  We try to go out and look at the moon every night before bedtime.  She will say "moon" and hold her hand up to the sky.  Precious.  She also loves to read.  Her favorite book is Goodnight Moon but she has many favorites.  She loves the Little Golden Books (especially The Large and Growly Bear and Pano the Train).  She growls like the growly bear, and when it thunders, she thinks the growly bear is on his way.  She will let us know which book she does and does not want to read.  When we finish a book, instead of saying "The End,"  she says, "Bye Bye book."


Anna Scott loves to dance.   She will dance alone, but what she loves most is dancing with her daddy.  She "asks him to dance" by crawling to his feet and lifting her arms for him to carry her.  I have posted a couple of dancing videos at the end of this post.  She also loves to sing.  Scott and I sing to her all of the time (I think we enjoy it as much as she does).  We sing songs from Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, and more.  One of our favorites is, "Somewhere over the Rainbow."


Anna Scott loves any color, shape and size of ball.  She loves to watch "ball" on television.  If she sees any sport on TV, she says with excitement, "Ball!!!"  Ball is her favorite toy (no, not a baby doll or sweet stuffed animal) but she prefers a ball.  I have hoped and prayed that she will love God with all of her heart, that she will love academics, that she will love music (and practice her piano better than her mama did), and that she will love sports (especially the sport that involves a little yellow ball and racquet).  I think we are off to a good start.  :)




We have a little water baby on our hands.  Anna Scott loves to swim, and the bath tub is one of her favorite places to be.  I laugh so hard just while giving her a bath.  My laughter turns to her tears when bath time is over, but she still manages to look at the water as it is draining, wave and say, "Bye Bye water."  :)  She loves to watch swimming on television.  She says, "Go Go Go!"  I think someone is going to enjoy the upcoming Summer Olympics!


Anna Scott loves to eat (don't we all), and she really likes everything we give her.  When she gets a good drink of milk or gets a bite of something she really likes, she says, "Ummmmmm."  This lets us know it was good and she wants more.  :)  She has 12 teeth (6 on bottom and 6 on top), and she really hasn't had a hard time cutting any of them.  ha!  I can just hear her saying, "Easy for you to say, Mom."


One of my favorite moments with Anna Scott is when we say her bedtime prayers.  She puts her little hands together (fingers intertwined), and after we say "Amen," she says, "Maymen."  :)  Another favorite time of mine is our way back to Birmingham each Sunday evening after church.  Scott and I sing to her almost the whole way home (or until she falls asleep), and she wants to hold my hand the entire time.  She holds on so tight and won't let go.  And yes, though I am reaching all the way from the front seat to the back, and my arm is going numb, there is nothing better than feeling her little hand in mine.  I have never felt anything as soft as her skin.  I could eat her for dessert.  :)



Anna Scott loves her mama and daddy, but she is very independent.  She likes to be left alone when her little heart desires.  Also, being her daddy's girl, she has a little bit of drama about her, and she can be such a fake.  It is hilarious.  She loves to make us laugh and enjoys being the center of attention.  I love to feel her sweet kisses, see her pretty smiles, and hear her precious laugher.  She is my baby doll and I am so blessed to be her mama.  


I recently had Anna Scott's one year photos made at Ty Smith Photography.  We used the rocking chair that Scott's mom refinished for her birthday.  It was Scott's great aunt's rocking chair when she was a baby.  Here are some of the pictures...





I am sharing this last one, because it will give you a taste of her personality.  She put on a show during her photos.  We were trying to get her to sit back in her rocking chair and cross her legs.  So, she amused us and went the whole nine yards.  :)  


Here are the videos I promised...

Anatomy click HERE
Dancing to "Ring of Fire" click HERE
Dancing with Daddy click HERE

Until next time...

















1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! I can't wait to get our kiddos together again. Y'all need to come swimming one weekend soon.

    ReplyDelete