Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all


I love every season of the year for one reason or another, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Fall.  Such a beautiful time of year!


I managed to get some sweet photos of Anna Scott in her little Fall dress one morning.  She will not stand still for one second now, so I just have to snap away, hoping one or two will turn out.  :)



I am doing Emergency Medicine during the month of October.  I have to work some weekends, but I get some days off during the weeks.  I love having week days off, because I get to join Anna Scott at all of her little activities!  Here are some things we have done this week...

Cupcake social at the Tot Lot in Crestline Village...

i

Anna Scott is being silly in these pictures (as usual)...





A visit to the Birmingham Zoo.  Here, Anna Scott is with the Flamingos.  She calls them "mingos."  Close enough for me.  :)


In case you haven't heard, Anna Scott was built with personality plus.  She is little miss independent and she is a very strong-willed child.  Needless to say, she can pitch a fit with the best of them.  Well, she was not happy about saying "bye bye" to the flamingos, pitched a large small fit, and lost her bow in all of the commotion.  We could not find her bow anywhere.  It was the weirdest thing.  I told her that I thought her bow was scared and ran away.  I wanted to run away too.


Anna Scott and Owen loved riding the choo choo train at the zoo.  I will not attempt to describe the fit she pitched when we left the train station.  Let's just say, I have my hands full.   


Playing at the park on a cloudy and cool afternoon...








Look whooooo we found at the park.  This little owl named Owen!


Anna Scott decided to drive.  She is the oldest.



We enjoyed Mommy and Me story time at the Homewood Library.  Anna Scott gets to go each week with Kristin and Owen, but I have been only a couple of times.  This is such a fun time of singing, learning, and story-telling for the children.  Below, you can see Anna Scott on her way to pick out her instruments to use during the song.    


It was a really tough decision...


She ended up with two maracas.


After story time, we played inside the library.  Anna Scott loves the chalk table.  I need one of these at my house!


A picnic in the park.  Just the two of us.  So much fun.




Anna Scott loves the park.  Her favorite things are the "wing" and the "side."


She can "side" all by herself.  She likes to do most things all by herself.  :)


I feel bad because I have talked a lot in this post about her fit pitching, strong-willed, temper tantrum side.  Along with this comes a little girl with blue eyes, bouncing curls, and the sweetest personality you can imagine.  She is so animated.  I laugh all of the time.  She enjoys herself so much and never misses a beat.     


She loves being a Mommy.  I tell her she is a good Mommy, and she points to me and says, "My Mommy."  :)  When I need to brush Anna Scott's hair, I tell her that we have to get the brush because her hair is a mess.  So, she thinks her baby (who is bald) needs her hair brushed too.  


She also gives her baby a paci, but sometimes it ends up in Mommy's mouth.  :)


Ok, so I strayed a little from the "Happy Fall Y'all" title, but I had to fill you in on the happenings of early Fall and how special it has been to have some days at home with my sweet baby girl.  

Now, in honor of the upcoming Halloween holiday, I will leave you with the scariest BOO you have ever seen...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Happy Halloween from us to you!!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud about her little fits at the zoo...so much to look forward to :). Anna Scott looks as pretty as can be in her little fall outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable, and I'm glad you've gotten to make some fun memories this fall. It sounds like she is Scott Laney's daughter through and through. :)

    ReplyDelete