Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What's Up Doc?!?!


About a month ago, Anna Scott went to see "Doctor Acaim" (Dr. McCain) for her 2 year check up.  She had a great appointment that included singing a few songs for the nurses, pretending to read books to the staff and telling Dr. McCain all about her upcoming trip to the beach.  During most of her appointment, I was busy explaining what had just happened and what was going to happen next.  :)  I did manage to take two pictures.  Yes, two.   


Anna Scott weighed 26.9 pounds (50th percentile) and was 32 1/4 inches tall (75th-90th percentile).  She wanted her Mommy to rescue her in the picture below.  So, I did just that and put the camera away.     


Anna Scott was such a trooper at her appointment, so we celebrated with another a trip to the park.  No more vaccinations until she is 5 years old!  I know, I know... it will be here before I know it.  


After her two year check-up, Anna Scott decided she would rather doctor someone else than be doctored.  :)


In keeping with the "What's Up Doc" theme, Anna Scott visited the dentist for the first time one week ago.  The night before, as we were lying down for bed, I told her all about the appointment.  I would get through talking (thinking I may have talked her to sleep) and she would say, "Talk it again, Mommy."  

After going through the whole appointment about 5 times, she was snoozing.  The next morning, the first thing out of her mouth (before I opened my eyes) was "I going to dentist today!" That enthusiasm  stayed with her until the end of her appointment, when she cried because she wanted to do it again.  "Let me go back," she said over and over as we walked out the door, not to return for at least 6 months.  Made me feel so sorry for her.  Still too young to understand that we have to leave, but just old enough to know she wants to stay.  That is a tough part of this age, in general.  

Here is my big girl before her first dentist appointment.



They gave her those cool shades to wear during the cleaning so that the light didn't bother her eyes.  Good idea.  I think the sunglasses may have been our key to success!


Anna Scott loved Dr. Keller.  He is funny and great with kids.  Anna Scott kept telling him (while shaking her head), "You're not Dr. Acaim."  :)  I had explained to her the night before that it would be another doctor like Dr. McCain, but not her.  So funny.  Now, when we talk about the dentist, she says, "It's not Dr. Acaim.  It's Dr. Keller."  :)  I love how her little mind works.  


She did everything I had told her to do, including making all of the "CHEEEESE" and "AAHHH" sounds.  The dentist said her teeth look great... 


but he did tell her that they will not look great for long if she doesn't throw away the paci.  That is what this serious conversation is about.  


I am surprised she hugged him after that long speech, but she gave him a BIG hug and told him "Thank you!"  We now only use our paci for a brief time at night when lying down for bed.  Baby steps.



On our way out the door, we signed our names on the "No Sugar" wall, then went straight to the ice cream shop.  We did not pass GO or collect $200 dollars.  :)  


It was so good that she kept her left hand in a tight fist until it was completely gone.  



Well, that concludes this post.  Anna Scott is a healthy two year old girl with healthy teeth, and I am one happy Mommy.  Stay tuned for more.  We have so much to share!


THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment