Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Singing Christmas Tree

Each year at Christmas, the Arab First Baptist Church performs "The Singing Christmas Tree."  My dad is the director and my mom, my sister, Scott and myself have been a part of the performance for the past 6 Christmases.  This year's performance was titled, "A Baby Changes Everything."  This was definitely a coincidence concerning the fact that Scott and I are expecting.  Dad thought of this year's theme long before he knew he would soon be a grandfather!  Instead of a written drama, "actors" gave real testimonies of how a baby has changed their lives.  This was compared to how a baby born in Bethlehem changed all of our lives so many years ago.  He changed the world, He changed Heaven, and He changed hearts.  At Christmas, we buy gifts to celebrate the first gifts, those given by the Wise men to baby Jesus at his birth. We decorate our houses with evergreen because He is the gift that keeps on giving.  And, we light our Christmas trees because He is the light of the world.  What a difference that baby made!  

Here are some family pictures after the last performance:

my family
with my dad's parents (Granmom and Grandad)
left to right:  my sister Allison, me, our mom, our grandmother, and our great-grandmother (granny)
Yes, we have 4 generations of girls on my mother's side of the family.  I wonder what the 5th generation baby will be... boy or girl?!  :)  I can't wait to have our "5 generations" picture made!







No comments:

Post a Comment