Monday, December 27, 2010

a WHITE and PINK Christmas

Christmas 2010 was extra special.  We woke up Christmas morning to my dad playing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" on our piano -- looked out the window, and saw a beautiful winter wonderland.  The scene was straight from a postcard...













As if the snow wasn't excitement enough, Scott and I had some big news to share with our families (see previous post)...



Surprise!  It's a GIRL!!!  :)  Scott's parents are so excited about a granddaughter!


Baby gifts for Mom, Dad, Allison and Grandmother




Ready to open...  Boy or Girl?  They had no idea!



Surprise!  It's a GIRL!!!  :)  Mom and Dad opened the first little piece of clothing I bought once I found out it was a girl.  I also gave my mom, Scott's mom, Allison and Grandmother little photo albums (to be monogrammed once we choose a name).  They are the perfect size for carrying to show photos of the baby!





I collect these ornaments and I thought this was the perfect one for this Christmas!  We hung it on the tree at each family gathering once we shared the news with everyone.  It will hang on her nursery tree next Christmas. 


Looking at her ultrasound pictures...

Scott's mom was prepared to hang a stocking for the baby... boy or girl.  Inside her first stocking were a Gund baby blanket and precious book, God Knows All About Me.



There were a few extra special gifts this Christmas as well.  Scott's mother painted a canvas picture of our dog Hobie.  She is so talented... this looks so much like him.  He even has the exact bandana!  I can't wait to display this on an easel in our home.

I included these pictures of Hobie to show the resemblance.  



My cousins opened footballs signed by Coach Nick Saban himself!  They were personally addressed to each boy from Coach Saban.  Needless to say, this gift was a hit!  

This was a Christmas to remember!  





2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Daniel and I are very excited for you guys. We're having a boy, so we're excited to see all the girly stuff you get to do. Congratulations!!!

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are excited for y'all too! A boy will be so sweet! Congratulations to you too! I hope you're feeling well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete