Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Charm

When I turned 13 years old, my grandmother gave me the perfect gift:  a charm bracelet.  The first charm (already on the bracelet) was none other than a "Happy 13th Birthday" charm.  Since that special occasion, 14 years ago, many charms have been added - each carrying a special meaning.  The bracelet has meant so much to me over the years and grows more meaningful with each new charm.  The charms include a "Happy 13th Birthday" charm, a piano, a tennis racquet, a "Sweet 16" charm, a volkswagen beetle charm, an Arab High School graduate charm, a Birmingham-Southern college graduate charm, an "L" charm, an "Our First Home" charm, as well as a few others.  With the exception of the "L" charm that was given to me by Scott's parents when we were married, my parents and grandmother have given me all of the charms on various special occasions.  

I now have a new charm that may just be the most precious of them all.  It is from my grandmother...  a little baby bootie and emerald stone (Anna Scott's birthstone).  It is a beautiful gift that I will always treasure!  I must say, it adds quite a bit to the bracelet with its splash of color!  As you'll see in the pictures below, the bracelet is almost full, but there is just enough room for a couple more birthstones to be added one day.  :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment