Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Easter/We've Moved!


-our family on easter sunday-

Easter was a happy and busy time here at My Fair Laney.  We moved to a new house the week before Easter (I know you have all moved before, so I will spare you the details).  Needless to say, between trying to get settled in our new home and making sure Anna Scott had the best Easter experience a 23 month old can have, I was hopping around like a crazy bunny the week before Easter!

-anna scott taking a sucker break during the move-

We absolutely love our new home!  The location is perfect - just a walk away from Edgewood Creamery, Homewood Central Park, Steel City Pops, and The Homewood Library.  Most importantly, our mail man is super friendly and the ice cream truck drives right by our house every day.  I love sitting on my front porch and taking in the beautiful springtime surrounding us.  We are (slowly but surely) getting settled, and it feels more like home every day.

-new front door with recently purchased boxwood wreath-

-fresh hydrangeas for our new kitchen table-

I am working a night float month right now, and that makes for a busy month.  I work 22 nights this month (Monday-Friday) every week.  It is not my favorite schedule, and I am thankful that I only had to do this one month this year and will never have to do it again.  :)  I don't like leaving home at 7:30 pm to go to work.  Just doesn't seem right.  I want to be home with my husband and baby, like any Mother would during those hours of sweet family time.  That said, I have enjoyed having my days off (when I get to sleep some at work and do not have to come home and sleep).  I usually pick Anna Scott up from school a little earlier than usual, play outside with her for a little while, then cook a yummy dinner for three while enjoying the beautiful view out my kitchen window.  In the picture below, I was preparing chicken and rice casserole - Scott's favorite.  

I sent these moving announcements out the week before Easter.  They served as "Happy Easter/We've Moved" cards, which was perfect.  


Anna Scott had a very happy Easter!  I'll start with photos of her school Easter party.  



GRANmama and GRANdaddy (she really puts an emphasis on the GRAN) joined us for the party.


For a reason unknown to me, I signed up to be in charge of the Easter party for Anna Scott's class at school.  I mean, I didn't have anything else going on that week... why not?!  (I must have lost my mind)   I managed to come up with a few cute ideas, and we made sure all of the children enjoyed their little party.  Success!


The eggs in the carton had snacks in them and I called it an "Easter egg snack hunt."  Anna Scott was much more interested in her cupcake icing.




Scott's mom helped us make these bunny masks for everyone in Anna Scott's class.  They were the hit of the party. 




Here is a picture of the peep pops and bunny masks we took to the party. 
I loved viewing Anna Scott's artwork on the board outside her room.  It is so much fun seeing what she does when I am not around.  I love that she is learning so much and having a ball with her friends.


Anna Scott's school Easter party was the Thursday before Easter.  On Friday, we had lunch and a play date with some sweet friends.  I snapped a couple of pictures before we went to meet our friends for lunch.  Thought these were sweet.  



Anna Scott loved catching up with Lucy and Amelia.  We are going to the beach with these girls in August and are already counting down the days 'til this trip!  Oh the fun we will have...


Anna Scott's fun Friday was not over yet.  Aunt Allison stopped by when she got into Birmingham to give Anna Scott her Easter surprise.  I love this picture of them.  


Anna Scott got the sweetest little outfit along with a Hello Kitty coloring book complete with more crayons...



and Easter egg sidewalk chalk...


with which we wrote "Happy Easter!" (below)



On Saturday, Anna Scott attended the Easter Egg Hunt at her school, Mountain Brook Baptist ELC.  Her favorite thing about the morning was the Easter Bunny.  She was crazy over him.  I think she had her picture made 5 or 6 times and stood near him singing "Cottontail, bunny trail, hippity hoppity Easter's on its way!"  That is her rendition of "Here comes Peter Cottontail."  To this day, every time she sees a bunny or an egg, she starts singing, "Cottontail, bunny trail..."  So funny.  Luckily, the Easter bunny had lots of patience.  :)    





Later on Saturday, we enjoyed dying Easter eggs at Granmama and Grandaddy's house...  






I loved creating our little Egg family.


My dad told the resurrection story with these finger puppets that Anna Scott had gotten from a friend at her Easter party.  Anna Scott listened intently as she devoured a peep pop.



It is important to teach our children the true meaning of Easter so that the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs do not overshadow the reason we celebrate.  Anna Scott is still too young to appreciate what Jesus did for her, but it is never too early to start showing and telling them about Jesus' love, mercy and grace.  There is no greater faith than that of a child.  Teach them early.  They will listen.



Anna Scott did get a visit from the Easter Bunny this year.   I guess he wasn't too aggravated by her after all.  :)  She had fun opening all of her goodies...







My favorite gift was Ms. Food Face.  The Easter Bunny knows that Anna Scott likes to have fun and loves to eat, so he gave the perfect gift that combines the two!  We are already having fun with this little activity at meal time.  


Scott's mom made these little chicks who were waiting to greet Anna Scott when she got to their house for Easter.  She always has the cutest ideas! 


Anna Scott loved her little purse from Mama D and Papa.


Here are a few pictures on Easter Sunday...



She wasn't interested in hunting eggs this year, until she discovered that several of the eggs had snacks inside.  



Now, just for fun, a few from Easter last year...
My how she has grown...







He is Risen and we are Victorious!  That is enough to keep us celebrating, not only on Easter, but the whole year through.  I'll end this post with one of my all-time favorite hymns:

Because He lives,
I can face tomorrow!
Because He lives, 
all fear is gone!
Because I know
He holds the future,
and life is worth the living 
just because He lives!



































1 comment:

  1. I adore the mint colored dress your daughter is wearing. Will you please tell me where you bought it? Thanks So Much!!!
    Joy Overstreet joysmommy2021@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete