Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Week of the Young Child

The week of April 14th-18th was "The Week of the Young Child."  We had a big week celebrating our Anna Scott.  On Monday, she stayed home with me.  We had a mother/daughter day at the park.





Anna Scott had a little mother/daughter moment with her baby that day as well.  :)


Tuesday was pajama day at school.  She looked so sweet and her bunny was happy to tag along.




Wednesday was hat day at school.  Shame on me that I did not get any pictures, but I promise she was cute in her little hat.  :)  

On Thursday, there was a parent pizza picnic on the lawn outside the church.  Scott and I were able to attend, and we had the best time with all of the mommies, daddies and babies.  Anna Scott's class made these shirts to wear at the picnic.  This was a surprise to the parents.  Had I known she would be putting this shirt on, I wouldn't have sent her to school in a smocked dress.  It made for a weird looking outfit!  








On Friday, all of the children dressed as their favorite book character and modeled their costumes in the week of the young child parade.  Anna Scott dressed as the ballerina from the books All Tutus Should Be Pink and Best Friends Wear Pink Tutus.  She was such a pretty little ballerina!  



Scott kept laughing at me, because I was trying to find a way to dress her as a tennis player, but could not justify it because that is not one of her favorite book characters.  So, I gave up on my little tennis pro and put all of my eggs in the ballerina basket.  A visit to Applause Dancewear ensured that she had all of the essentials, even a sweet little hair net.  :)  There will be plenty of time to dress as a tennis player later (if that is what she wants to do).  This year, I must admit, a ballerina was the perfect fit...
































No comments:

Post a Comment