Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Happy Spring

Our Spring 2015 here at My Fair Laney was happy as usual.  We introduced the season by decorating our home for Easter.  






Anna Scott turned into a big girl overnight.



I threw Anna Scott's Easter party at school.  I loved coming up with sweet treats for she and all of her friends.  One very talented friend made these cookies, and they were as tasty as the were pretty. 


These were surprise eggs.  The kids opened them during the party to find a tasty treat inside.



My favorite were the race car bunnies.  Are they not the cutest things you ever did see?!  Anna Scott helped me make each and every one of these.  She was my M&M girl.  Those wheels wouldn't have been as cute without the colored M&Ms.  



The kids in Mrs. Amber's 3K class really enjoyed the party!
Easter isn't fully complete without getting a chance to talk with the Easter Bunny.


If you are real lucky, you get to sit in his lap as well.


But nothing beats a hug from Daddy.  Not even the Easter bunny.


We took Anna Scott to see Cinderella this Spring.  Needless to say, she loved it.



I snapped a couple of sweet pictures before church on Palm Sunday. 




We played outside after church on that beautiful day.
Anna Scott loved dying Easter eggs this year...





and the Easter Egg hunts were so much fun...








Anna Scott learned the reason we as Christians celebrate Easter using resurrection eggs.  That is something I always want to remember about this Easter.  I told her the story several times, then she could tell it back to me.  At the end of the story she got to the white egg and said, "It's empty because He's not there!  He rose!"  :)  Such a precious way for children to learn the true meaning of Easter.  The Easter bunny sure is fun, but it's not about him.




Finally, it was Easter Sunday morning.  The Easter bunny must have really enjoyed talking with Anna Scott, because she got lots of goodies in her Easter basket.




Easter Sunday...


She used the eggs to tell the Easter story to the entire family before lunch that afternoon.












Shortly after Easter, we traveled to Mississippi for another visit with Caroline. 




Anna Scott loves playing at the parks near Allison's house.  Strawberry Park in Madison is our favorite.




A couple of fun school dress up days:  Dress as your favorite Dr. Suess character day.  Anna Scott dressed as Cindy Lou Who.  



Here she is on pocket day!


We loved celebrating with others on their birthdays.  Emma Kate's party at Mountain Brook Gymnastics was super fun.  


Anna Scott learned so much at school during 3K.  She started to write her name this Spring.  




We had lots of fun at Relay for Life in Homewood.  The Samford girls dressed as princesses, and Anna Scott's day was made.




We also enjoyed cheering the Barons to victory one Friday evening!










Anna Scott's daddy loves baseball and he enjoyed teaching her a little about the game.


This is supposed to be our little secret, but I will let you in on the fun.  :)  Anna Scott and I have a sweet tooth and enjoy our occasional trips to Sugar, the best little candy store in Crestline Village. 



I love Homewood day was so much fun this year!  Anna Scott rode the swings 7 times! 



Snacking on some Edgewood Creamery ice cream while enjoying the I love Homewood parade from Daddy's shoulders.


We love bubbles, and we played with bubbles a whole lot this Spring.




Anna Scott turned 4 years old in May.  I have an upcoming post dedicated to her birthday, but just wanted to mention it in the Spring post as well.  My sweet baby girl is all grown up.  She is such a blessing!  Here are a few of the last photos I took of her at 3 years old.




Mother's Day was on Anna Scott's birthday this year, which made the day extra special.  The Mother's Day school program was so sweet.  The children sang a song about making a box just for us.  We opened it during the song and there was a little red heart inside, representing their heart, that we mothers can take with us wherever we go.  Precious.  Anna Scott could hardly wait for me to open my box.  She was so proud of that little heart.  






I worked lots of weekends this Spring.  I had one stretch of seven weekends in a row (and I wonder why I am behind on blogging).  Needless to say, I didn't get to see my Caroline as much as I would have liked, but Allison sent lots of pictures!  Here are just a few...





Anna Scott got this little bicycle for her 4th birthday. 




She loves taking her babies on bike rides.



I snapped one quick photo of ASL on memorial day.  We were on our way to play at the park.  


Anna Scott's BDT dance recital.  She is on the front right in the pictures below.  The one waving to  the crowd, of course.  Ha.




Anna Scott did a great job at dancing!  We were so proud of her.  One thing is for sure:  she knows how to put on a show!  My friend Mary-Kathryn came to watch her dance.  Such a sweet friend.






After the recital, we had tickets to Frozen on Ice with these little friends.  What a fun day!


We also saw this sweet girl at the show.  She was in Anna Scott's dance class.


So, there you have it.  A glimpse of our Spring.  


Thank you God for Springtime, and thank you most of all for blessing me with the sweetest little girl in the entire world.





No comments:

Post a Comment