Monday, August 17, 2015

Caroline Catherine Cease

My heart was full of joy when I heard the news that my sister Allison was expecting a baby.  As an older sister, nothing makes me happier than seeing Allison happy, and boy was she glowing!  


I threw a small gender reveal party for Allison and Alan to reveal the big news to our family.  Would we be getting a baby girl or a baby boy?!?!



One, two, three...  The confetti revealed, "It's a GIRL!!!"



Of course, being the awesome aunt she is, Allison brought Anna Scott a few "big cousin" gifts.


I love the next picture, taken that evening.  Left to right:  Yours truly, Grandmother, Granny Clark, Allison, and Mom:  four generations in this picture.  Anna Scott and Allison's soon to be baby girl make five generations!


A sweet friend of Allison's threw her a shower a few months before her due date.  The theme was "Peter Rabbit" and the shower was just adorable and so unique.  The details were just fabulous!  Anna Scott sure does look like a big girl in the picture below.  Getting ready to be a big cousin.

Another sweet friend hosted Allison's shower in our home town.  It was beautiful. 




Sweet picture of Anna Scott and Granny at the shower.

Allison was the most beautiful pregnant lady I have ever seen!  Here she is at 36 weeks pregnant during one of her showers in Jackson, MS.



Anna Scott was so excited as she got ready for bed the night before her baby cousin was born!  Such a big girl.  She would no longer be the only grandchild, but life was about to get lots more fun!


Grandaddy met us at the front door of the hospital the next day to take us to see our family's newest addition.  



Caroline Catherine Cease was born on March 4, 2015 at 10:56 am, weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce, 20 inches long.  Perfect in every way.



Anna Scott couldn't contain her excitement!


She took Caroline the little brown bear that I took to Allison in the hospital when she was born.  I was 3 1/2 years old when Allison was born, the same age Anna Scott was when Caroline arrived. 



Anna Scott helped Allison open Caroline's welcoming gift from our family.




We all fell in love with our sweet Caroline Cate at first sight.



And again, Aunt Allison made sure Anna Scott had a gift to open as well.




We celebrated Caroline's birthday in the hospital with a little cake and singing.  



Beautiful family of three.


Caroline looked like a doll dressed to go home.  I was so thankful to be able to stay long enough to witness Caroline's homecoming.




Emme jumped for joy when Alan and Allison returned home with the new baby!


Sorry, I misspoke earlier...  family of four.  :)


It was sad when we had to leave Mississippi a few days after Caroline was born, but we didn't wait too long before returning for another visit.  




An extra sweet visit.




Allison was good about sending pictures so that we wouldn't have to her too badly.


Then all of a sudden, Caroline was one month old.  It happened so quickly, as it always does.


Sweet baby girl, I love you more than you will ever know.  You hold a special place in my heart.  I can't wait to watch you grow into a beautiful, smart and happy little girl.  

If you don't learn anything else from me, always remember this:  God has blessed you with the best mommy a little girl could dream of.  She is the strongest person I know, and she will teach you so much.  I hope that one day, you and your big cousin will be best friends like your Mommy and me.  

I love you, Caroline.



No comments:

Post a Comment