Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hi, it's Anna Scott

Right now, I am still tucked safe and sound inside Mommy's tummy, but soon I will enter this big, big world for the very first time.  I am thankful to have parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins and friends who already love me so much and will take good care of me.  

My mommy already talks and sings to me a lot.  Lately, she has been getting everything ready for me to arrive.  She says my dresses look so pretty hanging in my closet...

 



When I am ready to come home from the hospital, I will wear one of the dresses my Aunt Allison smocked for me.  Mom says that, as a girl, it is sometimes hard to make a decision on the perfect thing to wear.  I guess I will choose the one that fits me best.  :)  Aunt Allison can help me decide.  I can't wait to meet her.  Mom says she will be one of my very favorite people. 



I have a lot of dresses, gowns and blankets that are extra special.  That's because they were my mommy's when she was a baby.  She washed all of them and says they are as good as new.

Mommy's gowns...


Mommy's dresses...





Mommy's blanket

Mom says I had some wonderful baby showers and got lots of pretty things!  She said we should send a thank you note to all of the nice people who were so sweet to give me a gift.  The notes are our very first set of stationery with my monogram on them.  


Because I could come anytime now and mom isn't really sure when, my bags are packed for our stay in the hospital.  I have a pink diaper bag.  Mom says it was a gift from some sweet ladies at church.  Mom got me a pink hanging bag too.  She says every girl needs a hanging bag... even baby girls.  :)  



Daddy got Mommy and I matching pajamas for the hospital.  They are ready to be packed along with everything else.  Mom says we will wear these a lot after I am born.


Mom is always talking about my first weeks at home.  She says I will sleep right beside her and Daddy in a pretty cradle that was hers when she was a baby.  I can't wait to sleep in my cradle.  It will be so comfy that I will be sleeping through the night before you know it.  









Mom says my nursery will be ready soon.  She is waiting on just few more things before it's complete.  I think she spends a lot of time in my nursery already, rocking in my chair.  Hopefully, she can post pictures before she grabs our bags and heads to the hospital.    

It's been a long nine months, but May is finally here and my birthday is coming soon...

3 comments:

  1. That is so precious, Mary Catherine. Such pretty things. I love the matching jammies. You might want to send Scott back to the store for a few more so you girls can stay cozy every day of the week. Can't wait to start seeing pictures of that sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious! I'm so happy for you on your upcoming arrival. I'll be praying for a smooth delivery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! :) Stacy, I hope you had a great first Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete