Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roll Tide Roll

We kicked off the 2011 football season Thursday night with the 4th annual pre-kickoff party...



I finally had our 2010 National Championship memorabilia framed for Scott's birthday.





.






Anna Scott and Owen sporting their Crimson and White 

Anna Scott and McNeill in their Gameday dresses 


And, afterward...


Once the season was officially underway, it was time to make the trip to Tuscaloosa.  My mom, Anna Scott and I went down on Friday morning for shopping, lunch with my friend Ashley, and some very special visits.  See, I was pregnant with Anna Scott for most of my third year of med school, but hadn't been back to Tuscaloosa since having her, until Friday.  A few of the physicians I worked with in Tuscaloosa got to meet Anna Scott for the first time, and that made for a very fun day.  She even got a little toy from one of the pediatricians.  :)  And, speaking of the pediatrician's office, I took this opportunity to weigh Anna Scott, and at 3 1/2 months old, she weighed 13 lbs 12 oz.  She hadn't been on the scale since her 2 month check-up, when she weighed 9 lbs 14 oz.  We visit the pediatrician again next week for her 4 month check-up and will have more updates then!

Friday evening, while we waited for Scott to arrive in Tuscaloosa, we relaxed out by the pool...






We had dinner at Cypress Inn on Friday night.  It had been so long, I'd forgotten how great the food is at this restaurant.  Delicious!  It was a perfect dinner riverside in Tuscaloosa.  

On Saturday, Scott and I went for an early morning run around campus.  I have always loved running in Tuscaloosa, especially during football season.  The atmosphere is perfect.  Then, it was time to get ready for Alabama's first game of the season against Kent State.  


Scott and I made our way to Bryant-Denny stadium to cheer the Tide to Victory, while Mom and Anna Scott stayed behind in the condo.  


Once the game was over, we just couldn't leave Tuscaloosa without strolling Anna Scott around the stadium and quad.  After all, what would a first trip to Tuscaloosa be without exploring the beautiful campus?!






Now, our trip was complete.  
Roll Tide Roll...


No comments:

Post a Comment