Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun Stuff

Allison and Alan had their couples wedding shower on Saturday, February 11th at a beautiful home in Shoal Creek.  It was a wonderful celebration, and we loved getting to meet so many new people.



One of my favorite things about the evening was the beautiful live music provided by a pianist who sat just behind where we are standing in the picture below.



The wedding invitations were put in the mail on Thursday, and we are less than 6 weeks away from the big day.



On Saturday, February 18th, I hosted a baby shower at my house for my friend Maggie.  She is having a baby girl and is due March 21st.  The shower was so sweet and (I hope as a hostess) everyone had a wonderful time! 























For those of you who haven't heard, The Broadway musical Wicked just finished showing in Birmingham.  Scott and I went to see the show last Friday evening with some good friends of ours.  This was our third time to see Wicked, and it gets better every time!  Also, we had a delicious dinner at Metro Prime Steakhouse before the show.  If you visit this restaurant, be sure to try the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese.  It ran "Defying Gravity" a close race for the highlight of my night.  :)


Last Saturday, Scott attended an Art Gala at The Kirkland Clinic.  Last year, he was selected to become a member of the Young Supporters Board for the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center.  The Art Gala was held to raise money for this organization.  I love that Scott and I can be a part of such a wonderful cause. Every donation, every visit, every smile means so much to those who spend their days battling cancer. Scott was a member of the "clean up crew" on Sunday, so we attended church in Birmingham.  We are usually in Arab on Sundays, so being home by 1:00 on a Sunday afternoon was definitely something different.  We took advantage of the pretty weather by taking Anna Scott to the park and for an afternoon jog in the bob.









My friend Anna had her baby girl, Lucy Reeves Beam, on Monday, February 27th.  I am so thankful that my best girl friends are having girls girls girls.  Oh what fun!  I can't wait for summer play dates!  Lucy was the exact same weight and length as Anna Scott when she was born.  Anna Scott is going to have fun teaching Lucy all about this big big world.  :)


How do babies grow this much in just 10 months?!


Speaking of my friends and their baby girls, McNeill turned 1 year old on Thursday, March 1st.  Anna Scott delivered a balloon and cupcake on her birthday.  I can't believe it's been a year since I went to visit Katie and McNeill in the hospital.  I was 29 weeks pregnant and trying to take it all in.  I have loved watching McNeill grow to be the sweet baby she is today.




We celebrated Alan's 26th birthday on Thursday, March 1st at his parents' house in Shoal Creek.  We are so thankful for Alan and can't wait for him to become a part of our family in just 40 days (my sister keeps me up to date).  Incase you wonder when looking at the pictures, the hamburger cake is an inside joke.  The rooster balloon was a joke as well, but Anna Scott had the best time with him!





Alan's birthday was not all we had to celebrate...  Allison passed her Nurse Practitioner boards on Wednesday!!  This makes her a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner!  











Well, that's all the fun we can stand for now.



Stay tuned!  There is much more fun to come...











No comments:

Post a Comment