Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Winter and Spring 2016

We started the year 2016 by celebrating birthdays.  My Dad's birthday is January 11th, and as I covered in my 2015 football season post, we surprised him with National Championship tickets on his 60th birthday. 


My birthday is January 26th.  Loved celebrating with my family of 4 this year!  These people are my greatest birthday gifts.





Sweet big sister.













We celebrate BIG for every holiday, Valentine's Day included.  This was Anna Scott's last year to celebrate at MBBC-ELC.










Sack full of Valentines!







I always loved picking Valentine's for friends!





Valentine's 2016 art with Mommy



My LOVE BUGS!


 












Happy Valentine's Day!





















Scott led music at Old Brashier's Chapel in Arab for 10 years after we were married.  It was such a wonderful time in our lives in which we grew to love this church family and formed relationships that will last a lifetime.  Anna Scott got to lead with Daddy on one of his last Sundays.

Scott and I traveled to Las Vegas for a radiology conference in mid-February.  I took a couple of pictures of the kids all packed for a stay with the grandparents.







We enjoyed the outdoors on a few warm winter days.




















...and on the cooler days, we found lots to keep us busy indoors.



I loved getting to join Anna Scott on one of her 4K field trips to Bud's Best Cookies...






















Ready for a fun Saturday with friends at Let's Play!




Anna Scott ran her first 5K in late February 2016.  She was 4 1/2 years old.  The 2016 Color Run.
I think she was dressed the part.




Of course, she had her very best buddy by her side for the entire race.  :)




Before...










After...
























Art Blink Gala 2016.  We love attending this event each year. 

Love this sweet little picture of Anna Scott playing doctor at home one evening.


We have several March birthdays to celebrate! 

Happy Birthday, Uncle Alan! (March 1st)






Happy Birthday, McNeill! (March 1st)







Happy Birthday, Caroline!  (March 4th)







This wasn't just any birthday.  This was a FIRST birthday. 

Such a special day celebrating a special ONE year old with friends and family.  My sister did a wonderful job planning a beautiful party just perfect for our sweet Caroline.













We like to party.  We like, we like to party! 
















Anna Scott started taking tennis lessons in March 2016.
Age: 4 1/2 years 
Coach: Nicole Gilbert










She loves to practice with Mommy! 











One day, I am going to miss afternoons at the park with this little girl. So full of life.










The monkey bars are her favorite.  




Easter 2016







Will is a fan of putting everything in his mouth, and Easter eggs are not an exception.




Love these sweet little bunnies.












Anna Scott's 4K Easter party at the ELC. 




Hunting Easter eggs always makes for a good time!  Seeing the Easter bunny is a real treat as well.

Will's first Easter bunny picture. 













Easter wouldn't be complete without dying eggs with my sweet Anna Scott...









Easter morning began with yummy bunny pancakes...


...and a few gifts from the Easter Bunny!











HE IS  RISEN!!!











William's first Easter


Loved spending our Easter Sunday afternoon at my grandmother's home.

More Easter basket fun!



William almost toppled over into his basket.  :)






Anna Scott enjoyed hiding eggs around GG's house.


One of our favorite days in the Spring is "I Love Homewood" Day.

My children love the parade!






























 





















Loving the warmer Springtime weather!








Anna Scott lost her first tooth on April 22, 2016.  Just a few weeks short of 5 years old.
She wanted to brush the tooth to make it shiny and clean for the tooth fairy.  :)
The tooth fairy brought her cash and note telling her to treat herself to a scoop of her favorite ice cream.  So, we went to Chuy's and then to the ice cream shop for dessert.


Mother's Day 2016.  So thankful for these babies who made me a Mommy.

















Anna Scott got a new bicycle for her 5th birthday, and she enjoys riding around Edgewood.  :)

I will post a separate 5th birthday post soon.







She enjoys her scooter and frozen jeep as well.








I loved attending chapel with Anna Scott at the ELC whenever I could.  I will always remember this day, because I knew it would be my last time in preschool chapel with her.  Tear.



Anna Scott graduated from preschool on May 21, 2016.


Left picture:  preschool start date (March 2013 - 22 months old)
Right picture:  preschool graduation (May 2016 - 5 years old)












Mountain Brook Baptist Church Early Learning Center
Preschool Graduation


Anna Scott loved her 4K teacher, Mrs. Kerbie.
















































































































































































Birmingham Dance Theater
Recital day!






















So proud of our beautiful ballerina!






In early June 2016, I took the kids to Tennessee to visit Granmom and Grandad.  We always have a special time with them, as we don't get to see them often.  Very blessed to get to watch them interact with my children.  What a joy!



More random late Spring snapshots..
























































I loved sharing our Winter and Spring 2016 with you.  I am looking forward to sharing Summer and Fall.  On that note...


"Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall
All you've got to do is call,
and I'll be there - yes I will.
You've got a friend."



























No comments:

Post a Comment