Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2 Babies on the Way

I met the best group of girlfriends during my college years.  We were roommates at Birmingham-Southern,  bridesmaids in each other's weddings, and now we are sharing the joy of becoming mommies!  Anna called me several weeks ago to spread the good news -- She is expecting in March!  I have been so excited ever since!

Well, as of last night, I am excited times 2!  Our girls night had been planned for awhile -- PF Changs for dinner on Tuesday night at 6:45.  I thought nothing of it, as we try to get together often for dinner and catching up.  But, last night was different.  There was a surprise in store...


left to right:  anna, ashley, maggie, mary-kathryn and myself


Maggie had gotten a cake from Edgar's Bakery to celebrate Anna's big news.  Just what you would expect of a good friend, right?!  Well, to my surprise, Maggie opened the box and the cake read, "Congratulations Anna and Maggie!"




I was speechless!  What wonderful news!  And, to make it even better, Anna and Maggie are due just 11 days apart:  Anna on March 10th and Maggie on March 21st.  So, we have lots to look forward to...  2 baby showers, 2 babies and 2 more little friends for Anna Scott.  :)  I was overwhelmed with excitement for the both of them and had a large piece of cake to celebrate!  Needless to say, dessert was twice as sweet as I thought it would be.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment