Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Celebrate Good Times!

We have had many occasions to celebrate as of late, so I thought I would combine all of the action into this post. Our first 2 celebrations were in honor of Scott turning the big 3-0!  We celebrated with our families a couple of weekends ago (on his actual birthday weekend)...






Anna Scott gave him a framing of his New York Marathon experience.  He ran the race in November of 2010 for the American Cancer Society in honor of his friend and former Alabama football player, Victor Ellis.  I was 12 weeks pregnant with Anna Scott at the time, and we ran a little piece of the race with Scott to help him make it through.  I thought this was the perfect gift from her.


My gift to Scott was tickets to the 2011 Alabama vs. Florida game in Gainesville, FL.  Scott has visited 11 of the 12 SEC home stadiums, and he is lacking the home of the Florida Gators.  So scratch this off the bucket list!  We are excited about a fun weekend in Gainesville!  I also had our photos, tickets and memorabilia from the 2010 National Championship framed for him (picture to come later).

On to the other celebration...   A few of our friends got together last Friday night to celebrate Scott's 30th.  We had dinner at Leonardo's Italian Restaurant in Birmingham and an Edgar's strawberry cake (Scott's very favorite) for dessert.  In fact, Scott told me he wanted the cake to be strawberry and simple...  no words, no candles...  nothing but cake and icing.  I was thinking maybe a "Dirty Thirty" chocolate cake or something along those lines... but what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets!  I must say it was delicious!  




On Saturday, Scott made the trip to Tuscaloosa to attend Alabama football practice.  Yes, I know it's not fair, but Anna Scott and I were not to be outdone.  We made plans for a fun girls day, including a few more celebrations!  My friend Lauren is having her second baby - a girl - in September, so we attended a sprinkle for her on Saturday morning.  This was Anna Scott's first shower to attend.  She can't wait for her little friend Ruthie to get here!



After Lauren's shower, Anna Scott and I traveled to Arab for this sweet girl's birthday party...


Ella is my friend Ashley's little girl and she just turned 4 years old.  Anna Scott was ready to party (gift and all)...  she just needed to wake up and smell the birthday cake! 




We saw some people at the party whom I hadn't seen in forever.  It was so nice to visit with friends from earlier days!  My cousin Caroline was there as well, and she loved holding Anna Scott for a little while.



The last celebration took place last night at one of our favorite Birmingham restaurants, Chuy's!  My parents' 34th wedding anniversary was Saturday August 20th, Mom's birthday is today August 24th, and my sister's birthday is tomorrow August 25th.  So we all got together to let the good times roll...







Mom got the perfect piece to complete her Christmas pattern...  the divided baby plate.



Allison and I had Mom and Dad's National Championship tickets framed for their Anniversary.


Dreamcakes cupcakes were for dessert!



And this sweet little cupcake enjoyed the night just as much as we did.




Well, that's a wrap!  It's been fun, but if I have another piece of cake, I may burst.  :)  We are just going to take it easy for the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment