Monday, October 17, 2011

Baby Dedication

Anna Scott was dedicated to the Lord on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at Arab First Baptist Church.  This was such a special day.  Scott and I thank God for this precious child and promise to place her life in His hands, as she belongs to Him.  Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." -Matthew 19:14


I loved Anna Scott's dedication gown the moment I received it as a gift from the grandmothers.  I couldn't wait until the day she would be able to wear it.


Scott and I gave Anna Scott this bib for the occasion, and the little ring was mine when I was a baby.  To me, it symbolizes our Father's love for us, with no beginning and no end.  I hope she is able to hand it down to her daughter one day. 


The church gave Anna Scott this New Testament Bible.









Five years ago, Brother Paul Murphy officiated our wedding ceremony in this church, which made it all the more special that he led our baby dedication service.  It was such a sweet service, and Anna Scott greeted everyone with a sweet smile after catching a short nap during the sermon.  :)


My parents had everyone over for Sunday dinner to celebrate the occasion.     




We are blessed with such a wonderful family.    



We have five generations of first born girls!  My prayer is that I can be the kind of mother these three ladies have been.


Aunt Allison brought this beautiful and delicious cake.  





Thank you to all who helped make this day extra special.  It means so much to us!

Our Prayer of Dedication

Dear Heavenly Father,  
We thank You for loving us and giving us eternal life through Jesus Christ.  We are Your children, purchased by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave His life for us.  We announce our responsibility to be good stewards of that which You have entrusted to us.  We dedicate ourselves to You as a living sacrifice and commit ourselves to know You and do Your will.  We commit ourselves to bring up Anna Scott Laney in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.  We know that Anna Scott is a gift from You, and we dedicate her to You for as long as she shall live.  As for our house, we will serve the Lord.  Amen.






2 comments:

  1. Mary Kathryn CampbellOctober 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM

    What a special day!! Anna Scott looks absolutely beautiful and so does her mommy. I love your sweet little family and have enjoyed watching your precious little girl grow. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete