Tuesday, December 20, 2011

'Tis the Season!


'Tis the Season to be Jolly,  Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!




'Tis the Season for Giving


Christmas is such a wonderful time of year.  I remember how much Allison and I loved Christmas as children, and I want Anna Scott to love it just as much.  On Saturday, Anna Scott stayed with her grandparents while Scott and I wrapped up our Christmas shopping.  We had the best time shopping for our baby's first Christmas!    


I can't wait for Anna Scott to open her gifts!  I know she is too young to understand, but I am doing a lot of this for the child in me.  After all, giving is much more fun than receiving!  I am very thankful to have all of my shopping done this early (yes, I consider now early!)  For the past few years, school has carried on until this past Friday, and I am just now diving into the madness.  This year, I can actually enjoy the week before Christmas in the peace and quiet of my own home.


Anna Scott got to open a few gifts a little early.  When Scott and I returned from shopping on Saturday, there were gifts waiting for her at our house.  I have the sweetest friends, and they are helping to make Anna Scott's first Christmas extra Jolly!  Another "early"gift is this sweet My First Christmas blanket and pillow that Scott's mom made for her.  She also made her a gown to match.  It is precious!  During the Laney family Christmas on Saturday, her reaction after opening her first gift was priceless.  She squealed and threw her arms in the air with excitement!  Looks like this Christmas will be lots of fun!



'Tis the Season for Laughter

Want to hear a funny story?!  My last interview before the Christmas holidays was this past Friday in Jackson, MS.  Scott has been able to travel with me to all of the interviews, and for that I am thankful.  Scott had a prior engagement on Thursday night, so we didn't leave for Jackson until around 9:30 pm.  We arrived in the city around 1:30 am and therefore, weren't paying very close attention to our surroundings while driving in.  We had one goal:  get to the hotel and sleep at least a few hours before my interview the next day.  

After the interview day had ended, we headed back to Alabama at 4:30 on Friday afternoon and decided we would drive for awhile before stopping for dinner in Meridian, MS.  We had been on the road for about an hour when I asked Scott what city we were going through, because I didn't remember it from the night before.  Before he could answer, we saw a bridge ahead and I said, "I don't remember going over a bridge last night."  He agreed.  Sure enough, about half-way over the bridge, we read, "Welcome to Louisiana!"  We were crossing the Mississippi River.  :)  Scott had taken I-20 West instead of East, and there we were.  All we could do is laugh, turn around, and drive back to Jackson for dinner.  :)

Tis the Season for Showers

My sister Allison had her first wedding shower on the 10th of December.  Everyone had a wonderful time, and Allison got lots of pretty things.  Here are some pictures from the shower...

























Two of my best college friends, Anna and Maggie, are having baby girls in March (just a week apart)!  Recently, a few of our friends from Birmingham-Southern got together for a monogram sprinkle and lunch at Village Tavern...












'Tis the Season for Family

A few weeks ago, a friend of ours came to my parents' house to take some pictures of our family for Christmas cards.  I haven't gotten around to sharing these yet, so I thought this would be the perfect time.






'Tis the Season for Worship

While all of the above is very fun and festive, the true Reason for the Season is the Savior of the world, born in Bethlehem 2000 years ago.  Sunday night, we had our adult and children's choir Christmas programs at Old Brashier's Chapel.  Here are a few pictures of the children...





We wish you a Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment