Sunday, June 3, 2012

Medical School Graduation


I have dreamed of this day since I was a little girl.  On Sunday, May 20, 2012, I graduated from UAB Medical School.  I owe a big "thank you" to Scott, my parents, and my sister (among many others) for helping me through the challenging (but highly rewarding) journey of medical school.  I look forward to starting my radiology residency at Baptist Health System in just a few weeks.  

My dad is an alumnus of the UAB School of Medicine, and he was in the "Path of Honor" I walked through during the processional.  Enjoy the pictures of this long awaited, much anticipated, and very special day!


This is my prayer as I embark on my journey as a physician.  What a peace it is to know that I am where God wants me to be, fulfilling his purpose for my life.  There is no better joy than to use my occupation to serve Him each day, for He is the Great Physician.  Feel free to listen as you view the pictures...


Mom and Dad

 Grandmother

Aunt Tracy

 My sister's husband, Alan graduated as well.  He was a wonderful friend in medical school and is now my brother-in-law!  




medical school friends...




 Birmingham-Southern grads








Alan, we did it!  




My family

Scott's family

 I am so blessed with a wonderful husband

 and precious baby girl.


Let my lifesong sing to You.
Let my lifesong sing to You.
I want to sign your name to the end of this day 
knowing that my heart was true.
Let my lifesong sing to You.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Dr. Laney! I know your whole family is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete