Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun Part Two

Here is my baby this year...


and here she is on her first Halloween, just one year ago...


Wow!  What a difference a year makes!  It really is amazing to me how quickly they grow.  Last year, we went to the pumpkin patch, and she could barely hold herself up for a picture without falling over.  


This year, she is walking, running, riding - you name it!


The day before Halloween, we went to the Homewood Park to take some costume pictures with Anna Scott's little friend McNeill.  While waiting on McNeill to arrive, I took some sweet pictures of Anna Scott (imagine that).  




She was soooo good about wearing her hat.  She loved being a lamb, because I talked to her about it all of the time.  I would say, "You are a sweet little lamb," and she would say "baaaa" (in a growly voice).  She loved to model her costume (by twirling round and round) for anyone who wanted to see.  :)  Fun times!  



Here are the two sweet little lambs together!  We are making it a tradition to dress them alike at Halloween (Katie and I are fully aware that we will be punished when they are old enough to realize all we have/will put them through).  They even carried the same trick-or-treat buckets!


It was SO HARD to get ONE good picture.  They were everywhere.  If I were to tell you what all we went thru/tried/said/YELLED to get their attention and make this work, you would think we were crazy.  Eventually, I ran out of patience options, and just sat them both on top of a picnic table so that they had no choice but to sit there.  :) This was the best I could do.  I was so sore the next day from carrying those 2 large pumpkins/props around the park!  I looked like a crazy woman out there, I am sure. 


Here is an example of what most of the pictures looked like (at the very best).  This was actually a cute candid.


Here are our sweet pumpkins last year.  Anna Scott couldn't even sit on her own yet, so we propped her up on McNeill.  I didn't think it would get any harder to take their picture when I took this one last October, but boy was I wrong!  :)


They had a little fun at the park after all of the picture taking.




On Halloween, we trick-or-treated in Edgewood.  Let me just say that this is the place to be for children on Halloween night.  It was perfect.  So much fun!  Our new house (that we have not yet moved into) is in Edgewood, so we drove over and parked there.  Then, we took the stroller down all of the streets, from house to house, so that our little lamb could knock on as many doors as possible and get lots and lots of candy.  We got to meet our new neighbors, since everyone was out and about.  They are the sweetest people.  There are so many children in our new neighborhood, and we just can't wait to get settled there.  It will be so good for Anna Scott.  She is going to love it and have such a fun time.  The lady across the street teaches 1st grade at Edgewood Elementary (where Anna Scott will start school).  She is the daughter of the former president of Birmingham-Southern College, Dr. Neal Berte (for all of my former BSC classmates).  I was talking with her, and Dr. Berte and his wife walked over, so I got to chat with them.  Made my night.  They are such precious people.  Looks like we will be seeing a lot of them in the years to come, since their grandchildren are just across the street!  


She says, "Let's go!"


So excited...


We loved trick-or-treating with these sweet friends.


Anna Scott said "tick teet" at most doors and also said "tank you" after getting candy.  Most of all, she said "candy" and "my candy" over and over again!  She loved that people everywhere were sharing their candy!  :)  Here are some photos of all of the fun...


Here, she is telling me "punkin!" She loves the word pumpkin and she loves to say "boo!"  She also loves to say "corn" for candy corn.  Those were her favorite Halloween words this year.  






All of the many many houses were decorated, and it was so cute!  It really was the ideal scene for a perfect night of trick-or-treating.





At one house, Anna Scott got a sucker (or 5).  You will notice that the rest of the pictures involve a dum dum or tootsie pop.  Those were her favorite, without a doubt.  Scott and I enjoyed the rest of her candy.  :)







How much fun did we have this Halloween?!?!?!?!?   THIS much...   :)


Halloween Day is not only during football season, but it is Nick Saban's birthday.  So Happy Halloween, Happy Birthday Coach Saban, and Roll Tide Roll!  Here is a picture of Mom and me at the Alabama vs. Mississippi State game.


Now that Halloween is over, we have a pretty big football game coming up this weekend!  Here's hoping the Tide keeps rollin'!  



No comments:

Post a Comment