Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Turkey Day!  :)  I have loved having this little turkey on my fridge for the month of November.  


I love Thanksgiving for many reasons, but most of all because it's a time to reflect on all of our many blessings.  On this Thanksgiving, I could list so many things I am thankful for.  I will take the time to name a few (while I share a few of the pictures I took of Anna Scott at 18 months old - more of these to come)...


I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He is the one from whom all blessings flow.  I am thankful for my relationship with Him and the opportunity to serve Him each and every day.  I am thankful for my church family and the privilege to worship among such a precious group of people each Sunday.


I am thankful for my husband.  He is my best friend, my partner, and the love of my life.  I could not imagine life without him by my side.  


I am thankful for Anna Scott and the opportunity to be her Mommy.  She is my world.  I am thankful for the chance to love her, teach her, and watch her grow and learn each day.  I am extra thankful for those sweet cheeks that are still with us at 18 months old.  I could eat her up. 


I am thankful for my parents.   I am thankful for their guidance, encouragement, and unconditional love.  They made home a wonderful place to be when I was growing up.  There is no way I would be who I am or where I am today without them.  I pray I can be the kind of parent to Anna Scott that they have been to me.  


I am thankful for my sister.  She is more than a sister - she's a best friend.  She is a beautiful person and has such a wonderful personality.  I have always said that she is the light of my life, because everything is brighter when she's around.  Anna Scott is a lucky girl to have Aunt Allison and I hope that she has a sister one day so that she can experience the relationship Allison and I share.


I am thankful for Scott's parents.  They are such a blessing to me.  I fell in love with Scott first, but it did not take long for me to fall in love with his mom and dad.  They treat me like their own daughter and make me feel so loved.  Anna Scott is blessed with the best grandparents on both sides.    


I am thankful for all of my wonderful family.  I am so blessed to have 3 grandparents still living and able to celebrate all of the wonderful joys of life (like their great-grandchildren!).  My great-great grandmother (Granny) is celebrating with us today.  What a blessing!  My Aunt Tracy (Mom's sister) is one of the most special people in the world to me, and I love her boys - Jacob, Chandler and Jalon - so very much.


I am thankful for my country.  I'm proud to be an American and never want to take for granted the freedom and pride that comes a long with being a citizen of the United States of America.


I am thankful for my education and the opportunity to fulfill my dream of becoming a physician.  I love my job and am thankful I could stay in Birmingham to continue my training.  I am thankful for the ability to learn and grow in this capacity so that I can leave just a small influence on the world of medicine.


I am thankful for friends.  True, strong, long-lasting friendships are hard to come by, and I am thankful that I have been able to experience this kind of friendship with several special people.  I look forward to friendships that have yet to form and the ones Anna Scott will make throughout her lifetime.


And there is so much more!  I could go on and on about all of the things I am thankful for, but wanted to list the things that first came to mind when I woke up this morning.  Count your blessings one by one and have a Happy Thanksgiving! 


Only 32 days until Christmas and someone already has a twinkle in her eye!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment