Monday, May 7, 2012

last one before she's ONE

Anna Scott will turn one year old this Thursday, May 10th.  We are excited about celebrating her first birthday!  Until then, here is a quick update.  Scott and I agree that parenthood gets better everyday.  Life is so much fun!  Scott often says (jokingly of course), "It's been real.  It's been fun.  But, it hasn't been real fun."  :)  Well, the past year has been real fun, and we have only just begun.


Anna Scott actually puckers to kiss now, and kissing her little lips is the sweetest thing I've ever felt.  She kisses everything.  She even tries to kiss herself through her nursery mirror.  :)  She loves to throw things down for us to pick up.  This has become a game.  She is also into pitching everything out of her play pen.  Just the other day, I was putting away some folded clothes.  When I came back, she had thrown everything out of her pen except for her music table (which is a bit heavy).  


She loves to throw her arms up when we yell "Yay!"  If she is in the right mood, she will hold up one finger when asked how old she is.  Click HERE for a video.  She holds the phone up to her ear when I say "Hello!"  She has started clapping along with songs or music or "pat-a-cake."  She can also put on a show when dancing.  I hope to catch this on video soon.



She is starting to make word associations.  "Bye-bye" was the first word she said in context.  She knows that Scott is "Dada" and I am "Mama."  One day last week, when Scott got home from work,  she looked at him, grinned SO big, and squealed "Hey Dada!"  Made our day.  She tries to say "outside" when we go outside or she looks out a window (though it doesn't sound a lot like "outside").  She has also said "bath," "wa" for water, "dodo" for doggy, "papa," "la-la" for her stuffed animal named Lucky, "du" for her rubber ducky, and "bite" (the child loves to eat).  She says what sounds like "this" a lot when she is just looking at/examining an object. 


 I know I have said this before, but Anna Scott is so observant.  She doesn't miss anything!  She attended her first basketball game (our cousin played in Birmingham this weekend), and she watched the entire game without taking her eye off of the ball.  She would watch the ball from the players' hands to the goal.  She was fascinated.  Maybe she will love sports just as much as her mama and daddy.  I hope so.  She is cutting her eighth tooth right now and loves to eat anything we will feed her.  She is taking whole milk (from both the bottle and sippy cup).  She still naps twice a day and sleeps well through the night.  Anna Scott is a very HAPPY baby!




(most of the time)



She is a sweet baby (most of the time) as well.  I took our dog Hobie to be groomed last week.  Anna Scott and I went to pick him up, and I put him in the back seat with her so that they could keep each other company.  I had been driving for about 5 minutes when I looked in the back to check on them.  Hobie was sitting as close to her carseat as possible, and she had her hand over the edge of her seat, rubbing his ear back and forth.  She did this the whole way home.  If I took pictures while driving, there would be one to go along with this story, but thankfully I do not.  

Here are more photos from the past month...












I can't believe it has been almost a year since she was born.  I can't believe that the tiny, helpless baby I held in my arms just one year ago can do all of the things I mentioned above.  I can't believe that in just one year, I have gone from waiting anxiously to see her sweet face to knowing every little thing about her.  It has been the best year of my life.  Thank you Lord for this precious gift.  My cup runneth over. 










No comments:

Post a Comment