Friday, May 25, 2012

Springing into Summer!

Springtime has always been a busy time of year, but this Spring tops all of the rest.  First, there was Match Day (found out where my family - and my sister's family - would be living for the next 4-5 years).  Next, we celebrated Granny Clark's 90th birthday.  Easter Sunday was right around the corner.  The next weekend was Allison and Alan's wedding weekend.  Then, Scott and I ran a half-marathon in Nashville. Anna Scott turned 1 year old on May 10th.  Her birthday was also my last day of medical school (ever) and the day we signed a contract on a new house.  (my sister and I will close on our new houses within one week of each other) We had a big 1st birthday party on May 12th.  The next day, I celebrated my first Mother's Day.   Last Sunday, I graduated from Medical School.  Whew!  So, needless to say, this past week of NOTHING has been so refreshing!  We are blessed to have had so many wonderful and special events in such a short period of time, but give us a BREAK!!  :)


Here are some photos that I haven't gotten around to sharing due to other (mainly birthday) posts getting all of the attention...

I love these of Anna Scott and her beach bag and towel.  This baby is ready for the beach!



Rock N Roll Half-Marathon in Nashville


I did well, despite the hilly course and the HOT weather (for running 13.1 miles, that is).  I matched my Savannah time of 1 hour 52 minutes.  I finished 1642 out of the 22,000 running just the half-marathon.  


The guys did a good job as well!  Can you tell we are glad it's over!?


My First Mother's Day



Here are pictures from Mother's Day last year (just two days before Anna Scott was born).



 Our house is for sale. 


 It breaks my heart every time I see this sign.  I am not a fan of change, and we have so many memories here at 104 Raleigh, but it is time to move on.  "Life's about changing; nothing ever stays the same."  


In honor of all of the kiddos being out of school and Memorial Day weekend (which often marks the unofficial beginning of Summer), I will share a little of the outdoor fun Anna Scott had this week...

Listening to her boombox.

 Driving her cozy coup.





Just a swinging.


Taking a sippy cup break. 



She has started to walk and push her cozy coup.  I think she prefers this over riding.    







Playing in her lady bug pool.



Anna Scott's birthday party and medical school graduation pics to come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment