Friday, May 4, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding


Allison and Alan were married on Saturday, April 14, 2012.  It was the most amazing, most breathtaking, most beautiful weekend I have ever witnessed.  Everything - the music, the weather, the bride, the groom, the vows, the colors, the flowers - everything was perfect.  Music is something that cannot be photographed, yet is dear to my heart.  Music at the rehearsal dinner was provided by The Lamb Family Violin Ensemble.  One special touch was the violins playing along with the song, "Lighthouse."  This was the song I used as background music to my blog post of Allison and Alan's engagement story.  The band "Second Coming" provided the music at the reception, to which we danced the night away.  My dad wrote the music and words to a song he played and sang for Allison during the reception.  Such a beautiful moment.  Music at the wedding was provided by a string quartet, with the addition of trumpet for the entrance of the bride.  The vocalists were Linda and Michael Adler (minister of music at Shades Mountain Baptist Church).  I have never heard "The Prayer" sung more beautifully.  The song below was sung as the grandmothers and mothers were seated.

"My Beloved"


I took many snapshots during the weekend's festivities.  Click HERE to view the album.  It includes pictures from the bridesmaids' luncheon, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day.  You can also click HERE to view Allison's bridal portraits taken at the Ceases' lovely home.

Allison and Alan are home from their honeymoon in St. Lucia and living happily ever after!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the pictures, but the first link only has one in it, and the second link isn't working. I'm not on Facebook though, so it might just be me. We are planning our first family trip to Disney World, and I'm on the hunt for a Cinderella smocking plate... all that to say I'm a sucker for true love every time!!

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, well it should be working. Not sure what is going on. It may be the facebook thing. Not sure. I will have to see...

    ReplyDelete